Saturday, January 27, 2007

Lingering uneasiness

I can't sleep. The image of the battered bicycle lying on the road remains fresh in my mind.

Hundred metres down, I saw another battered machinary. This time, it is in the form of a car. The car felt lifeless to me, with it's crumpled bonnet and boot and only one signal light blinking sporetically as it lies broken along the road divider.

No blood. No blue tents. No ambulance. Nothing. Nothing at all to signify injury or death have transpired. It was just car and bicycle, lying broken and lifeless at the side of the road.

A disquieting chill hits me. I didn't like what I saw. I felt uneasy.

So much so that I did the usual of stopping insteading of accompanying the ascent. Sorry.

I can't help but think a life was lost. I hope I'm wrong.

No comments: