Sunday, December 31, 2006

First time in my life...

Was travelling along CTE towards AMK just out of the tunnel behind Orchard road at ard 12am when I saw a motorcyclist lying on the road...instinctively, i pulled over and tottered over to help. I tell you, i've never seen so much blood (except in movies maybe) in my life. Blood was like on the road and on the concrete perch he was sitting on. It looks really red...sigh...

After stoning for a while, i called for an ambulance for the poor old uncle who was sitting at the side. While I ran back to the car to get water ,the other person who was helping the poor uncle decided his work is done and scootered off...leaving me alone with the uncle!

Luckily, he was concious and able to speak, just that he had serious open wounds on his leg... all i can do (and dare to do) was to help clean off the blood around the wounds.

Luckily for me, the ambulance arrived shortly so i just took the opportunity to sit beside the concrete perch considering that not alot of people can have the chance to sit along the CTE and admire at the passing cars. I wondered about all those drivers that was passing along, how many of them would come to the conclusion that I was probably the one who knock down the uncle. Sigh. i hate being wronged... but nevermind...

Once the old uncle was safely in the ambulance, i pulled off from the accident spot on my merry way and running slightly late (oops...sorry pud!).

It turns out that a lorry had hit him and ran away...sigh... i guess once you are frightened, you will have a tendancy to run bah...luckily, the uncle is fine, just that he needs to be kept under observation over the new year...

What a way to end 2006.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u have done a good deed! good karma for year 2007.

sz