Wednesday, October 08, 2014

A ranting in 2014

Now this is interesting. It has been a long while since I revisited my blog page. It seems I have been transported back in time. Nothing has changed in this blog since the last I've seen it. But what do I expect?

Much has changed since. My last entry was one on Mt Everest.

Today, my post will be one of ranting. Where I stand, there are much trouble in this world. And the daunting realization that there is no way in hell that the human race can sort itself out. Yet, issues continue to crop up one after another around the world. And there is simply nothing that one can do to help.

Except to block all of it out.

Emotionally I'm drained. My only conclusion is that this world cannot be saved. Human kind is simply too complex, with too many types of people, culture and interests to help meaningfully. We are creatures that will kill each other to extinction over survival, despite all the technological progress mankind has made. Perhaps we are slave to our greed, our self-centered tenancies, our pride, our complexities, our power, our beliefs, our every thing.

I see no future in mankind, nor have faith, if no one understand that we are essentially our own hope of survival.

We are but a immature, violent and short sighted species.  






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can we do in the face of such bleakness? Humanity isn't an abstraction....it's the people you see every day. Make your life one of kindness and compassion to those people.

Jamike Ekennia-Ebeh said...

I understand what you mean and your blog is actually very similar in it's ambition as mine; http://therealjamike.blogspot.com/

Nice work :)