Thursday, November 09, 2006

Eventful Day




















An unexpected break I had today. And because of this, I returned to NUS to visit some friends of mine. And along with it, I uncovered an interesting truth.

While waiting for my friends to get their food, I was sitting alone at the table and soaking in the view of the canteen. Suddenly, i realised that this lunch time crowd is different from the usual city lunch time crowd. I felt more at ease, more relax and at peace with myself here.

And then it hit me.

For 5 months have I been working in an environment that is fast paced, bustling with life and energy that somehow, I yearned for the return of a more laid back and tranquil environment. And it was right there and then, that I realised this.

Oasis I want.

And because it rained, I had a little tea break of tea and muffin in YIH canteen, listening to the splattering of the rain and the soft whirring of the celing fans.

Blissful.

Absoultely.






























As I was suppose to pick up my mum from her office in Tuas, I didn't wanted to go home and decided on exploring Jurong a little. And that was when I ended up at Jurong park. A run down park with nothing except middle aged uncles trying to catch fishes, some birdwatchers with bino and telephoto lens trying to observe migratory birds. By merely walking along the beaten down path along the lake, I felt unperturbed (though there was a few sms incoming that needed my attention) and very much relaxed. Not something i'll feel often on a Thursday afternoon.

And it hit me again.

I miss my carefree days. I really do.

So much so that I feel a little wave of sadness just thinking about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by to meet us..
and i must say that the way u described nus machiam some kampong lor..tranquil and laid back..haha..

Lambie said...

hee.... it's nice to see you all again!