Sunday, July 30, 2006

Which to choose? Love or F430?

In a perfect world, we would probably not need to make choices. But because we live in an inperfect world, sometimes we have to make certain decisions, whether we like it or not.

And on a lazy sunday evening, i let my mind wonder and hit on an interesting dilemma. As a guy, we love sports cars, you name it, we will drool over it. But of course, some of the more fortunate ones will be able to get their hands on one. That aside, I would seriously wonder, how will a guy fare, if he is given a choice to choose whether to have the perfect love OR the new Ferrari 430 spider, a 4.3 liter V8 with a century sprint dispatched as fast as you can write the word "Apple"

Here are 2 pictures of the F430:





























Picture this:
Would you rather be driving the F430 down the ECP, with the roof off, feeling the wind blowing across your face, with a nice setting sun casting warm orangy glow on the horizon infront of you OR having to face a gf who is tempermental, unreasonable, demanding and controls you with a yank of the leash she has over you?

Which one...?

4 months ago, I would have choosen the F430 without thinking. But now, I would need to pause and ponder for a while. Why? The reason is simple.

Loneliness. Not now but in the near future.

As I have mentioned before, once friends around you get married one at a time, slowly, you will soon realise you are left with not much of an assured companionship over the weekends. So what if you have a car that goes 0-100km/h in 4 seconds flat? you can't out run the loneliness no matter how powerful a car you got. Because no matter where you run to, there is only you.

Kappyo said to me on friday night, that if there is one person out there that I might like, I should take the chance and go for it. After all, according to her, it's a 50/50 chance(of which I totally disagree, citing my probability formula of findng someone i like n her liking in return).

Fair enough, but if the girl rejects you, you probably need a car like the F430, equipped with a limited slip differential (E-Diff in Ferrari speak) to get away as fast as possible from the girl out of awkwardness. And sometimes, there are too much to lose to even reach the state of risking it all. In a F430, the only thing you stand to lose is your driving license.

Yet, I know we still need to risk it, to find the right preson, because loneliness is a terrible thing to bear. So what if you have an F430? Even with 490bhp@8500 rpm and 465Nm@5250 rpm at your command, all you will manage to do is to burn a hole in the ozone layer and you will still find yourself feeling lonely.

Having said that, and to put things into perspective, choosing the F430 means no risk but be prepared to live a hermit life. Choosing love, means having to risk it all to find companionship but you will not be called a crab.

Until I know that my probability increases, I know what I'll choose.

No comments: