Sunday, September 23, 2007

Wide eyed wanderer

If I tell you that I'm not afraid of the future, I must either lying or attempting to get the golden horse award. The truth is, I am afraid.

But I am afraid because i dared to take the first step. And that can't be a bad thing.

In my year stint at my previous company, I've come to learn a lot about myself. I wouldn't say my experiences are all smooth sailing. In fact, most of the memories I had in my previous company can be described as "dark". I had to get out of there before the environment encloses around me and suffocates me to oblivion. I'm only stopping short of saying "I hate that place" but that can only be attributed to my own biasness.

So here I stand. With my face to the wind. And the rain pouring down. I walk. A step at a time. Against all doubts and self doubts. I walk. For the future. For the me I want to be.

I walk.

No comments: