Sunday, April 29, 2007

Goodbye...you have served me well for the past 3 years


It only seems like yesterday when I first purchased you to replace my dying Neckermann sandals. I still remember how much you cost me. S$68 dollars.

You have been with me to places both near and far. Your rock solid durability endured countless punishments while trekking through the jungle paths of Bukit Timah and Machritchie. Your impeccable reliability ensures my safety while sauntering along the dusty paths of Kolkata.

Regardless, your cocooning fit ensures sanctuary for the feet of this restless traveler. Yet, your memories are not restricted only to the physical realm. You have accompanied me throughout my trials and tribulations of the past 3 years; seen countless of situations surrounding my life unfurling; shared my every triumphs and failures; stood silently with me in my happiest and in my darkest hours. You have been a good pair of sandals to me.

I will remember you.

No comments: