Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I wonder...

I was at my desk reading my Astronomoy textbook during the evening, stuffing information about telescopes into my churning mind when suddenly a cold wind blew into the room from my window...

That wind caressed around my face, forcing me to pause what I was doing and look out of the window. The smell of the wind mysteriously infused images of a wide open prairie like the one below....


Image from oklahoma.sierraclub.org


together with the chirping crickets(there really was crickets chirping), it gave me a feeling of serenity as the darkness slowly dissolves the remaining light of day, not a menacing kind, but a gentle cocooning of a tranquil night and a general sense of well being...


it makes me wonder, in our busy every day life in Singapore, how one does not seem to have the time to appreciate what nature have to offer... and which most of us in busy little singapore, could have forgotten about the beauty of mother nature....

1 comment:

Antonio said...

Well done on a nice blog ba dao again. I was searching for information on meade telescopes and came across your post I wonder... - not quite what I was looking for related to meade telescopes but very interesting all the same!

If you have a moment, why not hop over and take a look at my report on telescopes.